Oct 20, 2011

Set loose in Ohio

Its been a while since I have last posted one of Brandon’s conversations. We now have an 11 month old daughter and I think he sleeps a lot less sound worrying about her. Now when I ask him questions he wakes up concerned that I am bugging him about her. However, just recently, he was sleeping hard enough for me to ask a question or two.


This new one involves our big black doberman, Elliott, and some recent news from Ohio.

I need to set the stage for this one: There have been reports on the news lately of a man from Ohio that was keeping a zoo of exotic animals in his backyard. Lions, tigers, bears…the whole works. As the story goes, the man committed suicide right after he set 56 animals free in the streets of Zanesville, OH. Because the police and officials do not normally carry tranquilizers they were forced to shoot and kill a 49 of the 56 animals that escaped.

The other thing you need to know is that Elliott has been tearing up the basement carpet for the last 4 years. He only does it when he is frustrated, but the hole is getting pretty big.

At this point in the night Elliott was crowding Brandon’s side of the bed.

Brandon: Ugg. Elliott get out of the way. Why do we have you?
Kristina: Be nice
B: I’m gonna dress him up like a cheetah and teach him to meow like a cat.
K: Why would you do that?
B: No, not a cheetah, a gazelle. We are going to dress him up like a gazelle and set him loose in Ohio.
K: (Chuckling) Set him loose?? Poor guy is going to get shot!
B: That’s the point
K: Why would you dress him like a gazelle?
B: Well, there’s the black thing.
K: Are gazelles even black? I don’t think they are.
B: Kristina, you need to not be so racist. Poor Elliott says “You guys see a hole in the carpet and you automatically think it is me, just because I am black!” Kristina, you can’t always blame him.
K: (Laughing out loud) I guess you told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment